- UIA Michigan Monetary Determination Form: Instructions
- UIA Michigan Monetary Determination Form: Instructions Continued
- EUC Benefits: How Do I Apply?
- Michigan EUC Benefits: Eligibility Guide
- Michigan UIA Guide: MARVIN Instructions
- Michigan UIA FAQ: EUC Benefits in Michigan
- Michigan Unemployment: Help For Underemployed Workers
- Michigan Unemployment: Calculate Your Underemployment Weekly Benefit Amount
- Michigan Unemployment: Unemployment Benefits for Self Employed
- Michigan Unemployment: Top 5 Services Available For Unemployed Workers
Michigan’s Unemployment Insurance Agency allows you to file a claim online or over the telephone as well as contact customer service operators with any questions you may have. However, sometimes it can be difficult to get passed the automated response machines and talk to a human being. Also, some unemployed workers may not be able to afford or have access to internet or a telephone.
The Unemployment Insurance Agency, UIA, provides six Problem Resolution Offices, PROs, in Michigan. These offices provide unemployed workers with telephones and access to computers and the internet where you can file an unemployment claim or even search for work. At PRO offices you can also talk to an officer who can give you information on unemployment insurance agency services available to you.
Keep in mind you will need to bring with you your Social Security Number, your driver’s license and your MARVIN pin number. If you do not have a MARVIN pin number, you can apply for one at the PRO office.
If you are planning to file your UIA claim at a Public Resolution Office you will also need to bring the names and addresses of all your employers of the past 18 months, your total and quarterly gross earnings and your last date of employment for each job. This information will be used to calculate the size of your benefit check and assess if you are eligible to receive benefits.
Below is a list of Public Resolution Offices in Michigan, their addresses and links to their Mapquest directions. To get directions to any of these offices from your home, click on the office you wish to visit, click on get directions in the new window and introduce your current address in the START window.
Michigan Unemployment Insurance Agency Public Resolution Offices
- Detroit – 3024 W. Grand Blvd., Suite L-500, Detroit, MI 48202
- Gaylord – 400 W. Main St., Suite 102, Gaylord, MI 49735
- Grand Rapids – 3391 Plainfield NE, Grand Rapids, MI 49525
- Kalamazoo (temporary) – Kalamazoo County DHS, 322 East Stockbridge Ave., Kalamazoo, MI 49001
- Lansing – 5015 S. Cedar St., Lansing, MI 48910
- Mt. Clemens (temporary) – Macomb County DHS, 21885 Dunham Rd., Suite 7, Clinton Twp., MI 48036
- Marquette – 2833 U.S. 41 West, Marquette, MI 49855
- Muskegon (temporary) – Muskegon County DHS, 2700 Baker St., Muskegon Heights, MI 49444
- Saginaw – 614 Johnson St., Saginaw, MI 48607
Alternatively you can always receive help over the phone at 1-866-500-0017 from eight in the morning to six in the evening, Mondays to Fridays.
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.